Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hibernation

 I told Aura it was -2* out.  This was her response.
 
No, we're not dead.  Just hibernating underneath the deep blanket of snow Mother Nature has decided to drop on us in February.  About four feet of snow in the last month has made Joe a bit crazy.  Thank goodness for the snow blower and the tractor. 

The birds are going crazy, too.  They can barely get out of their coop and the ducks keep invading the chicken run.  It makes for a crowded situation.  But we still have six chickens and four ducks, so that's a good sign!  Despite the nasty cold, we've only got some bits of frost bite on the single comb girls to show for it.

As for the indoor projects, I can finally report some real progress!

The bathroom, prepped and ready for paint.



Purple!


It's my bathroom, I can paint it any color I want.  I wanted one room in purple and this room was the winner.  Now we get to put the toilet back together, install the new sink, and get the nook rebuilt to hide the yellowed, nasty popcorn mess.

Seeds have arrived and the earliest of the indoor started plants are going in.  Sure, it's still only 15* for a high and I don't even know where my garden is under all of that white, but spring has to come eventually, right?

Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment