Sunday, March 8, 2015

My dream closet

The first of the rooms that I actually remembered to photograph now that it's (mostly) done:  my closet!

Okay, our closet.  Joe's stuff is in here, too.

Before, with peach walls and random hooks over the windows:


And a shot of the truly hideous wall paper that was on one wall.  It's a tough call, but this might be the ugliest wallpaper I had the joy of tearing down.


And the after.  I repainted with a cheerful blue-green on all of the walls.  We decided against any structural changes to make it attached to the master bedroom or build in the shelves since most people wouldn't devote what was obviously a bedroom to nothing but clothes.  It's right next door, it takes about five extra steps to walk over.  The next people to own this house are going to think we're crazy enough and it would wreck the resale value. 

Left wall is all of the hanging clothes, drawers for stuff that doesn't hang up well (socks, tee shirts, undies) across the back, and the right side is mostly my stuff.  We still have a printer cart tucked up next to the door that will probably get moved upstairs to the offices at some point so I can have a spot for hanging up the long stuff.

  
 My vanity, with hooks for my necklaces.  My bathroom is too darn small for a lot of this, so it's nice to have the girly stuff all together.

One entire wall is devoted to hanging space.  Top row is Joe's, bottom row is mine.  And the green basket is Cowboy's portable bed.  If he's napping, it's easier to just move him from room to room in the bed rather than wake him up.  I still need to find a storage solution for my shoes.


Close up of the vanity.  We covered the walls with those Command hooks and it's made a big difference for storage and using up the wall space we usually ignore.


Other than some fiddly details like hanging up the full length mirror by the door and getting the shoes straightened out, this room is done.  I love how it came out and it's resulted in less bickering with me and Joe.  Everything has space and we don't trip over each other in the mornings when we're both getting ready.  The entire third level is like a sprawling master suite, with the master bedroom, the two bathrooms, and now the closet. 

Next up I'll chase the vacuum around the offices and get some pictures.  We've got a bit more time to go before the snow is gone and I can work on outside projects, so might as well make the best use of my surge of spring fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment