Sunday, September 22, 2013

Afternoon with Chainsaws

After pruning a bunch of dead limbs and branches that I couldn't walk under I tackles my first standing dead birch tree. It was fun and I dropped it roughly where I wanted the pieces to land.
I read the instruction manual for my little 10 inch cordless chainsaw and was pleasantly surprised by all the detail given for felling and bucking. It made the task much safer and simpler.


Here is the pile of burnable logs from the birch tree I felled in the above picture. I have 2 more piles like this, and pile of green pine boughs, and still a mess of branches to chop up and stack.
For 3 hours of work, I went through 3-2Ah batteries and 2-4Ah batteries (that's 14Ah). Running on batteries has a nice side effect. You get a regular reminder to stand up, stretch, get a drink and not over do it.

Now that we have firewood piles forming we might need to move the fire pit project up on the projects list.

No comments:

Post a Comment