Saturday, September 7, 2013

I hate wallpaper

The current status of the house can be completely summarized by the title.  I hate, HATE wallpaper.  Especially stubborn foil wallpaper that refuses to come off.  Using the scoring tool and my steamer, I was a able to get about 75% of the paper off.  Then my steamer up and died.  Ugh.

I feel like an archaeologist as I chip through the glue and paint to uncover the frightening wallpaper beneath.  The flash really brings out the metallic glint.

 
One room was this purple and silver stripe, the other was silver base with purple flowers.  It was all hideous.  And after this is done, there's that awful wall covering in the second living room that looks like burlap!  Maybe I just don't get interior design, but none of this sounds like a good idea to put on walls.

Tomorrow we'll be doing final prep on the office that has all of the wallpaper down so we can start painting.  The dry wall repairs are drying tonight, so that office should be done this week.  The other office (which happens to be mine) will be done when I eventually chip, saw, and beg the rest of the wallpaper off of the walls.

Otherwise the move is going slowly but well.  The internet is in (absolutely essential for existence) and the first load of heavy things has arrived.  We actually spent the night in the house this week!  We were sleeping on the floor in the living room, but hey, that counts.

This weekend is mostly about moving things into the house.  After four days of scraping the walls, I'm sore enough to have trouble doing things like typing, opening containers, and anything else that requires dexterity.  We decided it was time I took a break before I decided to just blow up the house to solve my little wallpaper issue.  We just bought it, after all.

I am never, ever putting up wallpaper.  Anywhere.  Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment