Friday, November 22, 2013

Found the Whitetail Highway

...and it's in our back yard.
http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/media/image-galleries/awesome-12-point-bucks
http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/media/image-galleries/awesome-12-point-bucks

I wish I could say he was in my freezer now, but sadly that one isn't mine. Mine got away today.

It was 36F and raining when I went out this morning. After only hearing some strange noises and seeing birds from my chosen little spot I was getting cold and starting to shiver after 90 minutes. Just as I started to move to come back to the house this huge (8+ points, and 4.5 foot at the whithers) buck meanders into my line of sight. I calmly clip on my release and begin to take position to shoot. He looks my way, but shows no sign of alarm. He continues to sniff the ground while walking through. I'm thinking hurry up before he spooks. Instead, he just continues to sniff and walk through 25 yards in front of me and proceeds to walk out of my shooting alley before I can move into position to draw on him.

Oh well, not today. The good news, he's HUGE (more massive than me), he wasn't spooked, I confirmed at least 1 travel path, and the season is not over.

A deer shall be mine...maybe even this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment