Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My contribution

Since Joe already commented on the yardwork done this weekend, consisting mostly of woodchipping, I thought I should add my contribution.  No, I wasn't inside eating bonbons or slaughtering wallpaper for once.  I was outside, dragging wood around and digging up daylilies to move.

Oh, and working in my new capacity as a rusty nail finder.  Turns out that the previous occupants weren't avid gardeners.  There were several upright, rusty nails in the frames around the garden beds that were hidden from sight by overgrown plants.  I found one with my foot while dragging a downed tree out of the garden.  Fortunately I got a tetanus shot recently, so no need to run to ER.  Just a bandaid and some tears over my brand new sneakers getting a hole in them.

After the bleeding stopped, I tore all of the frames out in a burst of vengeful energy.  No more rusty nails in the garden waiting to skewer unsuspecting home owners!  Then I went inside, put my foot up, and ate bonbons.  Yard work is overrated for the accident prone.

No comments:

Post a Comment