Saturday, November 15, 2014

Aura's World: A distraction from my chores

Last Christmas we added Aura to the family. We flew through our first basic obedience class, and stumbled in our first attempt at her Canine Good Citizen class. With with our trainer we took a step back and went through basic obedience again and now we are week away from taking our first CGC test, and there is a chance that we could actually pass the test. At our run through this week. The test environment is handler, dog, and judge in the ring instead of our normal 10 handler/dogs and 2 trainers in the ring. Aura was too excited to see the judge and could sit still for the entrance greeting and she got bored and tried to walk away during the down stay exercise. Given where she started this is really awesome for us.

I few pictures of Aura impatiently (but adorably) waiting for me to make her dinner.






A couple of Aura favorite newer toys. The yellow dragon is her second one. The first shredded in the first 5 minutes she had it. I talked to the company and the pet store I bought it at, and they both were amazed that it shredded apart. The part store gave me a new one, and the company offered to send me a coupon for a free one if the pet store had any issue with an exchange. Sometimes it really pays off to stay calm, be polite, and talk to your suppliers. The 2nd dragon is now a month old, it's been gutted, lost a leg and the head finally popped off during a game of tug. For a house where squeaky toys rarely last a full week, I have been very happy with the dragon.



This is the most expensive ball I have ever bought at $24 USD. It's mint scented, it's soft and chewy, and Aura loves to play with it. It's gets a daily chewing and a round or 2 of fetch. After a month of abuse the only damage in the tip of Alaska is peeled up. Other than that there is not a single tooth mark to be found on Aura's World. This ball also has a lifetime guarantee, for a free one time no question no hassle replacement. I don't think I'll be needing to test the guarantee on this one. 
Aura's World


No comments:

Post a Comment